Cancer is regarded as a fatal disease. It’s a disease that's known to grow out of control and affect the surrounding tissues and the organs. When, over a period of time, toxins collect at of body; it may result in fatal growth in its surrounding cells
Nearby cells and tissues also are affected if the toxins aren't removed as the diseased cells are circulated to other parts of the body through the bloodstream.
Normal cell growth follows an orderly path of growth, division, and death, cancerous cells don't experience death but continue to grow and divide. There can be several causes for cancer, some of the common reasons include:
- Damages or mutation within the DNA resulting in the damage to the genes involved in cell division.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Carcinogens like tobacco, asbestos, arsenic, radiation, ultraviolet rays, and car exhaust fumes.
- Cigarette smoking, cigar-smoking, passive smoking, and tobacco chewing.
- Alcohol use and obesity
- Lack of physical activity
- Sunlight and excessive exposure to ultraviolet light.
- Exposure to radiation from X-rays, gamma rays, cellular phones, and telephone towers.
Cancer may have many signs and symptoms depending upon the organs it affects or a part of the body it's affected. However, there are general signs and that may occur in cancer. Note that the prevalence of those symptoms doesn't necessarily mean that there's cancer.
- Unexplained weight loss
- Skin changes (itching, unnatural hair growth, reddened skin, darker skin, etc.)
- Unusual bleeding
- Nagging cough
- Indigestion problems or trouble swallowing.
Treatment of cancer by Ayurveda is extremely in-depth and holistic in its approach. Treatment doesn't only focus on the area of the malignancy but on the entire system, as the whole organism must be returned to harmony for the disease to be treated permanently and not recur elsewhere.
A crucial part of treatment is relaxation of the mind. Suppression of emotion or emotional stagnation may be a significant causative factor and obstacle to effective treatment of this condition. Meditation, counseling, yoga, pranayama and the studying of spiritual philosophy are all recommended for support during this aspect of private healing.
- Abstinence from food and lifestyle that cause tridosha imbalance.
- Eliminating toxins through Panchakarma.
- Restoration of healthy jatharagni (digestive power) functions.
- Rejuvenation through rasayanas.
- Ayurvedic preparations can act as an adjuvant or a co-therapy along side chemotherapy or radiotherapy. it's also helpful in post-surgery care.
- Ayurvedic medicines help to minimize the side effects of those therapies.
Diet & Lifestyle advice
- Eat a diet that's rich in natural cancer-fighting chemicals and helpful in boosting immunity.
- Eat easily digestible food to avoid toxin accumulation within the body.
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Avoid high-fat foods, especially from animal sources.
- Panchakarma therapy is beneficial in cancer.